Monday, April 08, 2013

Blogging


            This is my fourteenth blog and what am I blogging about? Blogging. Why? Well, because I’m extremely tired and it’s the best idea I have right now.

            When I started off this blog, I had no idea what I was doing. Okay, so I still have no idea what I’m doing, but I'm getting better at hiding it. The biggest difference between then and now is that back then I wrote my blogs in advance. When I posted my first blog I already had four more lined up and ready to go. Now I stay up late Sunday nights throwing something together as fast as I can, hoping that my brain will produce something legible. Yet, somehow, the last minute ones seem to be better...

            Blogging is a great exercise, though, and a challenge – at least for me. Until you try it, you never realise how hard it is to come up with a topic every week that will be interesting or entertaining to other people. Of course, after you come up with a topic, you still have to write about it, sometime requiring research just to make sure you know enough about what you’re saying that you sound like you actually know what you’re talking about. I now have a great admiration for people who manage to post more than once a week. On the other hand, there are a lot of people out there far more opinionated than me and with a lot more to say.

            It saddens me, really, that blogging has such a bad rap. There is so much out there making fun of blogs – my roommate even has a t-shirt that says, “More people have read this shirt than have read your blog” – that most people assume all blogs are bad without ever having read one. Not only that, but some people are afraid of blogging because of the image associated with it. But there’s really a lot of high quality information and opinions out there on blogs, if you can find it. I wonder how many more people would read them and much more wonderful content there would be if there blogs had a better reputation.

            In closing I must say, yo dawg, I heard you liked blogs so I blogged about my blog so you can read about my blog while reading my blog.

            Yes, I'm so tired right now that that’s the funniest thing in the world.






Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.




If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Is there any comparison with ministers who have sermons to prepare week after week after week?

    ReplyDelete