Monday, August 04, 2014

I Did It Again

            This blog is probably coming out late because I was up late and then the internet died. Why was I up late, you ask? Dungeons and Dragons.

            Yesterday we had a power outage that lasted for a few hours, during which my wife and I played Sorry! With my sister-in-law. Then we played Apples to Apples. After that, we started talking about what board game to play next and, silly me, I suggested playing Dungeons and Dragons.

            Why was that a silly idea you ask? Because of what happened the last time I suggestedplaying D&D to people when I didn't think it was actually going to happen. I ended up as a Dungeon Master.

            Not that I mind being a DM – I thoroughly enjoy it and I think it’s a great exercise for any author. It’s just that I'm a bit busy right now, what with moving (okay, so at this point it’s unpacking), ongoing renovations, making chainmaille and shows, taking on more work is a bit crazy. And, as I mentioned in my post last yearish, being a DM is a lot of work.

            This time, I know a lot more about running a game (which is a good thing, because the game’s designed to have 4-6 players (plus the DM) and I'm running it for 2), but I haven’t had to thoroughly plan anything out, so I'm making up everything as I go along. It’s a huge challenge, but, again, a wonderful creative exercise. Keeps me on my toes.

            Did I mention I'm trying to find time to get my family together, too, so we can continue the game we started last summer? Then I’ll be running two games at the same time. Talk about crazy.

            That’s the most important thing about life, though. You have to find time for the things you love. Otherwise, what’s the point.


            Oh, look! The internet is back. Quick, upload, upload, upload!!!





Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.






If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment